The House of DeLuze has a long history starting with the Bois-naud Family at Le Bois in Angeac-Champagne. In 1640, records show that Jean Bois-naud purchased additional land for his vineyard in the region, beginning “24 generations of Boinaud wine-growers and distillers that have passed on their savoir-faire and their passion for Cognac”.
In 1817, Alfred De Luze and his brother Louise-Philippe established a wine and cognac import export company in New York. In 1822 the company De Luze was founded by Alfred A. & Son of Luze in Bordeaux. In 1862, Alfred Luze purchased the Domaine du Chaigne in the growing cru of Grande Champagne in order to begin production of cognacs. After a period of inactivity in the early 20th century, Michel Boinaud recommenced distillery operations in 1940.
De Luze’s headquarters are in Angeac-Champagne in the Charente Department of France about 7 miles south of Cognac. Deluze has its own cooperage that produces and repairs barrels. Deluze also operates the largest distillery in the Cognac region, with 41 charentais pot-stills.
De Luze makes a range of Fine Champagne cognacs made from eaux-de-vie from the growing crus Grand Champagne and Petit Champagne. DeLuze owns a 1,000+ acre vineyard in the Grande Champagne cru. Their Fine Champagne cognacs contain 70% Grand Champagne eaux-de-vie, and 30% Petit Champagne eaux-de-vie. This blend is higher than than the 50% Grand Champagne eaux-de-vie percentage required by the Bureau National Interprofessionnel du Cognac (BNIC) for a cognac to earn the designation. “Fine Champagne.”